Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon


" Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it."
~ René Descartes

" I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

" If the world's a veil of tears, Smile till rainbows span it."
~ Lucy Larcom

" Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

I've been given the challenge to be more positive at work. This can be hard, because I am in a profession where 75% of the energy that I deal with is negative. But I do love a good challenge, and I am planning on meeting it with gusto!

I am a generally positive person, I practice expressing gratitude as a daily ritual, and I like to consider the bright side most of the time. But I concede that I've been a Negative Nancy and I recognize the need to change that. Not only for the sake of my job... but for the sake of my spirit.


So I have promised not to succumb to the anger and negativity of others. I will recite Om Vajra Sattwa Hung (Om vahj-rah saht-wah hoong), which is a mantra I recently learned for clearing out negative energies from within your body after interacting with people with a lot of negative energy. I will remember who I am, and never let anyone change that. And I will remember to smile.



Smile, though your heart is aching, smile,
Even though it's breaking
When there are clouds, in the sky you'll get by
If you smile, through all fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face, with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear maybe ever so near
Cause that's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worth while
If you, you just smile

Although a tear is ever so near
Cause that's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of you crying
You'll find that life is still worth while
If you, my darling just smile

Smile, darling baby, smile
Thank you, thank you very much



No comments:

Post a Comment