Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, April 1, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon


" I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires."
~ Khalil Gibran

" Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
~ Harriet Tubman

Your vision becomes clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
~ Carl Jung

One personality trait of mine that has persisted since childhood is my ability to daydream. I'm still a woman who can be "in her own head" daily. While my daydreams are harmless and they don't prevent me from living my life, I sometimes fear that my dreams make me a bit too picky and adamant about what I want in my life. I wonder if I'm wasting time waiting for a dream to come true, because I'm not getting any younger, now is the time, blah blah blah...

Such were the thoughts in my head when my co-worker John handed me a fortune cookie from his lunch. I opened it and the fortune really knocked me off my feet:

"Hungry is the man that finds salvation in a cookie"

I took it as a sign that regardless of the time spent waiting (though patience is not my best virtue), it is better to actively seek out and wait for what you want in life to appear.


So I won't let fear of disappointment make me settle... not at all. I will expect the rest of my life to be the best of my life. Starting today! And to celebrate the first day of my fabulous future, here's this week's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon, "Vision" by Alana Davis.



I don’t know what I really want in life
Well, of course, I want some love
And I may need something to keep me inspired,
So I don’t drive myself crazy

On the way, I tried to stay on my path
Glad for the things that I’ve learned in my past
And I try not to choose based on old decisions
And soon I’ll get stronger,
Without such divisions

And I want to know the future, yeah
But I can’t look over this day, no
I could work until I’m blue, from the mission
‘Til it’s more than just a vision in my head

More than just a vision in my head
More than just some ‘thing’ somebody said
More than just a lesson to be read
More like part of you and me, instead

I don’t know where to look for guarantees
Well of course, I want the truth
There are so many ways I could go, I think I..
Might just stay in the moment
All I know is I’ve got to make my way
‘Cause I don’t have time that I want to waste
And if I honestly look, I might find:
That I’m dumb in the heart
And out of my mind

And I want to know the future, yeah
But I can’t look over this day, no
I could work until I’m blue, from the mission
‘Til it’s more than just a vision in my head

More than just a vision in my head
More than just some ‘thing’ somebody said
More than just a lesson to be read
More like part of you and me, instead

Oh yeah
Is this a bridge, yeah?
It’s just a bridge, yeah…
It’s just a bridge, yeah…

And I want to know the future, yeah
But I can’t look over this day, no
I could work until I’m blue, from the mission
‘Til it’s more than just a vision in my head

More than just a vision in my head
More than just some ‘thing’ somebody said
More than just a lesson to be read
More like part of you and me, instead
More than just some Thing hanging over my bed!
Oh yeah
More like part of you and ME




No comments:

Post a Comment