Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 25, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon


" When people believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

" You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are."
~ Yogi Bhajan

" Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
~ Oprah Winfrey

Sometimes it's the simple act of going to work that makes me feel like I will always struggle to maintain. I work in the NoHo section of Manhattan, which is a pretty affluent area surrounded by shops I couldn't afford to shop in (even if they sold items in my size) and while many of us in the area of rushing to get to our jobs, there are countless people hanging out shopping. Because they can.

And I admit to feeling a little... okay a lot of jealously for them. I wish my life was as easy breezy as theirs seems to be and I look at my surroundings and wonder what misstep did I take to end up where I am. Thoughts like that only lead to more negative thinking... and in the end, I generally end up feeling like the biggest loser on the planet. Why do I subject myself to this?

My life is exactly the way it should be right now. I have enough, I am enough. I have a job that keeps me supported and I feel I'm very good at what I do. Furthermore, I have many many more talents to offer the world and when the opportunity arises, I will take it wholeheartedly. I will remain where I am and walk past all the shopping socialites to my job and be proud that I have the means to care for myself.


Like a sign from the Universe, in the midst of feeling this horrible feeling of being stuck I was reunited with today's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon. When I was younger (way before I joined the workforce), it was one of my favorite songs and it always filled me with an incredible sense of optimism for the future. Listening to it again filled me with that same optimism, and I felt like questions I was asking the Universe had finally been answered. Keep going, keep trying, run your own race, and never give in.

If you are feeling disheartened or stuck in a current situation, I hope that "When Am I  Going To Make A Living" by Sade will serve as a reminder that your future is bright as long as you remember to shine in the present.



When am I gonna make a living?
It's gonna take a while before I give in.
See the people fussing and thieving.
While the sharks are wheeling and dealing.

Gotta look up and tell yourself,
there's no end to what you can do.
They'll waste your body and soul if you allow them to.
This is time to start believing in yourself.
Put the blame on no-one else.

When am I gonna make a living?
It's gonna take a while before I give in.
See the people fussing and stealing.
Too many lies, no-one is achieving.

Haven't I told you before,
"we're hungry for a life we can't afford."
There's no end to what you can do.
If you give yourself a chance to prove.

We're hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
We're hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.

There's no end to what you can do.
They'll waste your body and soul if you allow them to.
Start believing in yourself.
Put the blame on no-one else.

When am I gonna make a living?.
It's gonna take a while before I give in. Yes it is.
I'm sick and tired of scratching a living.
I am hungry but I'm not gonna give in.

We're hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we won't give in.
Hungry but we're gonna win.



No comments:

Post a Comment