Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, August 16, 2012

DOPE: "Udd Udd Dabangg" from "Dabangg" (2010)


I am madly in love with this movie, y'all... It's campy, funny, great action, and the item song I'm sharing today makes the film for me. I'm starting to realize that most of my favorite songs in Hindi cinema are all sung by one person, Sukhwinder Singh. He's dope!!!!

Before getting into the song, I have to share a story. I am a firm believer that despite the language barriers, you can for the most part get a general idea what someone is trying to express in a song by looking at their body language and the surround scenes. This song is a firm example of that. I played the video for Mizz Lennid and asked her what she thought the song was about. She got it 100% right. Go, Mum, Go!!!

So, I hope that you all enjoy "Udd Udd Dabangg", and don't worry... I won't make you guess what the song is about. The lyrics and english translations are included!



Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Fearless

Man balwaan, laage chattan, rahe maidan mein aage
[He has] a mighty heart, looks like a rock, stays ahead always
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Fearless

Jo jhunjhaar ho taiyyar, wohi sardar sa laage,
When a tough fighter gets ready, he only looks like the leader
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Fearless

Dhaar de, kaante re, cheer dhare sannate re,
jab veer bhare hunkare,
Sharpens, cuts, rips apart the silences,
when the brave roars
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Udd udd dabangg dabangg dabangg dabangg
Fearless




No comments:

Post a Comment