Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, April 9, 2012

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

" Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."
~ Dalai Lama

 "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
 ~ Mahatma Gandhi

 " Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

It's actually crazy to me how happy I've been lately. A part of me believes that I actually should be worried and troubled about the areas of my life that are not completely working out the way I'd like them to right now... but I'm not. Really!

In fact, I don't think much about what's lacking. My focus lately has been on the areas of my life where there is immense joy. So I guess that's why I'm so happy!!  And because I'm the type of gal that wholeheartedly believes in sharing a good thing, I'd like to share with you all this week's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon.

I don't know what it is about Starbuck's, but whenever I go there (which admittedly isn't often), I'm always tempted to splurge on the CDs they have right at the cashier. They generally as a rule have some KICK ASS music selections. One of my first impulse buys was the Sly and the Family Stone tribute album, Different Strokes By Different Folks, which I purchased years ago and is still on heavy rotation here at Casa di Miss Moon.


I was listening to the album recently, and when my song pick for this week came on... it was a wrap over here! I put that bad boy on repeat and was sangin' (not to be confused with singing) this song for HOURS at the top of my lungs. I would add much to the chagrin of my neighbors, but fortunately, I can hold a tune! LOL

So I hope you all will enjoy You Caught Me (Smilin'), sung by Sly & the Family Stone (with the help of Scar)... and I hope that it will make you smile, so that others can catch you in the act and the joy will spread!!


You caught me smilin' - again
You caught me smilin' - again

 Hangin' loose,
'Cause you ain't used to seein' me turned on.

You caught me smilin' - again
You caught me smilin' - again

 I'll be gone,
And it won't take you long to climb a tree about me.

You caught me smilin' - again
You caught me smilin' - again

 I ain't down I'll be around to carry on

You caught me smilin' - again
You caught me smilin' - again

In my pain I'll be sane to take your hand.


2 comments:

  1. This Song Sure Did Maid Me Smile...Thanks For Sharing Girl.. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so glad it made you smile! Now be sure to share that smile and given 'em "Face!" everywhere you go! :)

    ReplyDelete