Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, December 30, 2011

Let's Talk Tresses Friday: What are your #naturalhair Resolutions for 2012!?!?



2012 is just days away... and now is the time where many are putting together their lists of new year's resolutions... changes they want to bring into the new year.

I am no different. I have a lot of aspirations for the year to come: places I want to be, opportunities I openly welcome, wisdom I'd like to bring into my life... and there are many resolutions I have when it comes to my natural hair -

*In 2012, I want to invest in a hair steamer. I don't have the room for the Huetiful Hair Steamer, so I will be getting a Stand up Hair Steamer instead, and incorporate steaming into my weekly deep conditioning routine(I can feel my hair drool in anticipation of combining Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Condish with a steamer!!!).

*In 2012, I will (finally!!) master twisting my hair. I never seem to get them right, so I will try once a month to twist my hair so that they will last at least a week, and rock a twist out afterwards!

*In 2012, I will put my hair in the hands of a professional at least once a season, for regular trims. I have not been to a hair salon in decades, and while I have gone a long way doing it alone, I know that with the help of a good natural hair stylist, I can go even further!!!

*In 2012, I will try a new twist to my yearly "braid-cations", and will be rocking a wig over my braided hair. It's a great way to protect my hair for weeks at a time. And fans of YouTube's Taren916 know exactly what wig I'm currently cyber-stalking! LOL

*In 2012, I will learn how to cornrow my hair. Like twists, my cornrows are always hit-or-miss, and I think that if I continually try them throughout the year, I will find consistency with them.

Are you making New Year's Resolutions when it comes to your hair?!?!? What are your resolutions?!?! Leave a comment and share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment