Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, August 18, 2011

:::drools::: Solange Knowles-style for Plus Size Fashionistas

By now most of you have seen the recent photo of Solange Knowles with her son Jules attending the INC International Concepts at Macy’s press preview held at the Openhouse Gallery yesterday. The internet has been all abuzz about her fly as hell ensemble choice for the evening. I even posted the pic on the Miss Moon's Musings FaceBook page!


My first instinct was to not recreate this look, purely because I've done her outfits A LOT in the past few months (She's been killing me softly with her style, what can I say?!?!). But I could not resist, there was no use fighting it! LOL


Here's what I used:

Sweater: INC International Concepts Three Quarter Sleeve Colorblocked Sweater ($69.50, Macy's)
Pants: (Thanks to Jay the Bohemian Diva!!) Avenue Signature Capri in Buttercream ($19.99, One Stop Plus)
Shoes: Katy Bow Wedge ($29.99, Payless)
Purse: Matt & Nat Stardust Santogold ($107.25, Zappos)

For my readers sizes 8-14, Asos also has a fantastic pair of capris! And the sweater is available in Misses' sizes, too! Thanks again to Jay to hooking me up with the capris!!


2 comments:

  1. This is the closest I can find:

    http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Signature-Chino-Capri-28-32.aspx?PfId=206419&DeptId=11569&ProductTypeId=1

    In buttercream. I hope this helps. I will be on the lookout for others.

    ReplyDelete