Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Be Blessed: And Chill....................


"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills."
~ Buddha

"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt
~ William Shakespeare

Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever.
~ Judge Nancy Lopez

While I wish I could say that I am 100% optimistic and am always aligning my thoughts to positive vibrations... I have days lately when I feel like everything I do is wrong, that everything I say is being misconstrued and that I am the most unlikable, loathsome human being to ever walk the streets of Bed-Stuy. Of course people do not chase me around Fulton Street with pitchforks and torches, so I know I'm cool, but it's gotten to the point when I actually found myself recently saying internally, "Audrey, Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll!!!!!".

I had let doubts about myself give way to feeling wretched for days, and it took me realizing I need to let it go, that I started to feel better. I know the truth about who I am, and I am a damn good woman who is getting better and better every single day! What helped me get back to that groovy feeling was the following excerpt courtesy of Iyanla Vanzant. I hope that it will resonate for you as much as it did for me.

The following is an affirmation. An affirmation is a statement that embodies the truth. If there is something you want to know about yourself or your life, faithfully and reverently repeat this affirmation three times and ask yourself the question. It is best to ask questions about yourself rather than asking about another person because their truth may be none of your business. Once the affirmation is repeated and the question asked, remain still and listen for the answer. If the answer does not come right away, have faith! Sometimes the truth is more than you can handle at the moment. At the right time, in the right way, the truth will make itself known to you.

I believe in the power of truth.
I believe in the presence of truth.
Truth cannot be buried or hidden.
The truth must be revealed.
I now experience the essence of truth as it moves through me.
The Spirit of truth now envelops me.
The Spirit of truth now envelops me.
I am filled with the light of truth.
I am filled with the power of truth.
I am filled with the presence of truth.
The truth is revealed to me now.



Until today, you may not have known how to get to the truth of a pressing matter in your life. Just for today, ask the truth to reveal itself to you. Remember that what you ask for, you will receive!

Today I am devoted to knowing the truth about myself and my life!

From Until Today!
by Iyanla Vanzant


No comments:

Post a Comment