Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

:::drools::: Solange Knowles-style for Plus Size Fashionistas


I've featured Solange Knowles a lot in this blog. Primarily because I think she's dope: Love her music, love her attitude, and I love love LOVE her style! I wasn't going to comment on this outfit (Despite my utter worship of it!), because I've mentioned her so much, but it truly was beyond my control.


I saw the photos of Solange at the grand opening of Dream Downtown, PH-D Rooftop Lounge and Marble Lane Restaurant here in NYC, and days after I had resigned myself not to do another outfit post, the outfit pieces jumped out at me everywhere I went! LOL I asked the peeps on the Miss Moon's Musings FaceBook page (Check it out if you haven') if I should do the post and the response was so positive, I felt compeled to change my mind and share the outfit I've created, inspired by Solange's look -


Top: Cassidy Cutout Top ($26.90 - $28.90, Alloy)
Pants: ASOS CURVE Exclusive Belted Wide Leg Pants ($60.34, Asos)
Pumps: Madden Girl Oyzter Pump ($39.95, DSW)
Purse: Small Mock Croc Leatherette Handbag ($26.80, Forever 21)
Earrings: Charming Life 22k Gold Overlay Smokey Quartz Bali Earrings (Starting at $17.49, Overstock.com)


To complete your look, be sure to rock a coral lip. A good color to start with is Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick #38 ~ Satin Coral ($19, Sephora)


I am really digging this shade. Not too sure it would be a good fit for my complexion, but I plan on checking it out at my local Sephora to see how it looks on me.


There you have it!! How awesome would this outfit be on a informal first date, meeting for drinks? Sooo hot!!


Of course, if you end up taking over for the DJ, why not impress your date and keep the party people shouting?!?!? LOL

4 comments:

  1. Now see, I already wanna go shopping. I think I was actually meant to an heiress. Lol.
    I love this outfit. Those pants are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we both were meant to be heiresses, girl... because I am NOT cutting it on a Customer Service Rep's salary! LOL

    Forever 21 has an inexpensive pair in a similar shade of green - http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=whatsnew_app_bottoms&product_id=2062097283&Page=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her hair, lipstick, and pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! This is one of my favorite Solo looks from last year!!

    ReplyDelete