Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, June 16, 2011

:::drools::: Color Block Your Summer!!!


Color Blocking is one fashion trend I wasn't always excited about. At first, I admit to being a bit hesitant to try it, because I thought big girls were possibly not made for this trend (I believe the words I used was "I don't want to look like no bag of skittles!!" LOL). My own self-deprecation aside, I did try color blocking in a small way, and I loved how it looked. It's the perfect way to add a bit of pizzazz in your wardrobe, and it's a beautiful summer look! I've recreated 4 celebrity color block looks for plus size fashionistas and I must say that when color blocking, the best place to go is OneStopPlus.com... you're able to sort by color and clothing type!!

The first look, is Demi Moore's and it is (I think) the most easy to rock, perfect for someone who was like me and interested in color blocking but a little hesitant to do so -


Pants: Sateen Crop Pant in Lipstick Red ($39.99, Lane Bryant)
Blazer: Jessica London Blazer Single-Breasted in Black ($49.99 - $54.99, One Stop Plus)
Tee: A-line Ruffled Tunic in White ($12.99 - $15.99, Woman Within)
Shoes: Phoxy Embellished Wedge ($26.99, Payless)
Purse: Faux Croc Bag ($16.80, Forever21)

The next look is from Garcelle Beauvais, and like the previous outfit, it's color block mildly done, but a bit more vibrant than Demi's -


Suit: Jessica London Double-Breasted Pantsuit in Ivory ($59.99 - $119.99, One Stop Plus)
Top: Woman Within Perfect tank top in Rose Pink ($9.99, One Stop Plus)
Pumps: Cobalt Blue Suede Casual Platform ($12.99, Ami Clubwear)
Jewels: Eye Candy Necklace ($6.80, Forever 21)
Clutch: Coloriffics Handbags Pleated Smooth Metallic Evening Bag in Gold ($26.99, Buy.com)

The next look comes courtesy of the beautiful Solange Knowles, and this is actually one I'd love to recreate for myself. It incorporates more color, but because she opted for softer pastels, its color blocking without being too overwhelming -


Pants: Taillissime Wide Leg Pants in Pacific Blue ($39.99 - $44.99, One Stop Plus)
Top: Anna Scholz Sleeve Detail Top in Coral ($46.00, Simply Be)
Scarf: Leopard Print Scarf ($15.60, Go Jane)
Pumps: G By Guess Vianaa Pump in Nude ($44.95, DSW)
Clutch: Proa Bright Multi Clutch ($38.00, Aldo Shoes)

Last, but most definitely not least, we have color blocking à la June Ambrose, y'all. This one goes balls to the walls, no-holds-barred, technicolor crazy in the BEST way. I admit, I had to tone down a bit of the color, (I could not find a pair of pants that shade ANYWHERE in plus sizes!) but it remains a look that is not for the feint of heart -


Top: Avenue Asymmetrical Drape Tank in Fuschia ($24.90, One Stop Plus)
Jacket: Jessica London Blazer With Mandarin Collar in Dark Orange ($49.99 - $54.99, One Stop Plus)
Pants: Joanna Hope Linen Blend Pants in Black ($47.00, SimplyBe)
Shoes: Privileged Kathy Teal Snakeskin Keyhole Platform Pumps ($35.00, Lulu's)
Clutch: Purple Crinkle Faux Leather Pleat Handle Clutch ($25.99, Ami Clubwear)

Have you been experimenting with color blocking this season? Which of these celeb's looks are your faves? Be sure to post a comment and let me know what you think!!

2 comments:

  1. Am loving all the vibrant, happy colours of the season. Have a sweet weekend;-)

    ReplyDelete