Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, May 29, 2011

D-I-Y Nappturaliciously: Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Condish Review



I have to admit that when it came to Anita Grant's products, I am a bit of a curly-come-lately... but encouraged by Chai from the wonderful blog, Back to Curly, I decided to try the Rhassoul Deep Condish to see if my hair would love it.

I've had my two condish hearts for about a month now, and was waiting for a really good time to use them. I am currently enjoying a three day weekend (Yay!) and since experimenting with flat-ironing no doubt caused some stress to my hair, I figured my curls needed a treat and could definitely benefit from a little TLC.

Mixing the condish was actually pretty easy! I have a lot of hair, so I knew that I would need to use both hearts. Instead of mixing them with water, I decided to use Coconut Milk -


I used a bit too much of the Coconut Milk (I used about 1 and a half cans), so when the hearts melted and combined with the milk the consistency was a bit more watery than I wanted it to be.



I thought as it cooled it might thicken a bit, so I went to the shower to shampoo my hair with my usual Mixed Chicks Gentle Clarifying Shampoo. Once my hair was thoroughly washed, I covered my bathroom floor with some old towels and went to town adding the mixture to my hair...


Yay!!! My curls are back.... Whoo Hoooooo!


When I was one, my parents through me a birthday party and my older sister baked me a little mini cake that was all mine. I had a blast eating that cake, and it got all over me: my shirt, my face and definitely in my hair.


Adding the clay mixture to my hair made me think back to that moment in time. My one-year-old self must have had as much fun as I had "playing in mud" and nourishing my hair! LOL

I wrapped my hair in a conditioner cap and kept it in for about an hour. I wanted to keep it in longer, but the mixture was melting and starting to drip all over my bed, plus I was anxious to see the results, so I rushed back to my bathroom to rinse it all out.



Rinsing was (surprisingly!) a breeze... after a few moments the water was completely clear. I had anticipated finishing the rinse with a little conditioner, but the moment the water hit my hair, it felt like BUTTAH!!!


I was amazed at how wonderful my hair felt... it felt heavenly and the curl definition was crazy!!!



Since today was all about trying new products, I decided to use Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioning Milk as my leave-in before twisting my hair with a little Healthy Hair Butter.



I haven't twisted my hair in about a month, so I was happy to see the end results after sealing the ends with a little Vatika Oil.







I am going to leave the twists for about a week, just to give my hair a much-needed break after flat-ironing. I am definitely going to be investing in the big block of Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Condish... it's expensive, but I am definitely diggin' the results.

For any of you who have been curious about trying this, I would wholeheartedly recommend buying a couple of the hearts first to see if your hair will like it as much as mine did! To purchase the Rhassoul Deep Condish and check out everything Anita Grant has to offer, please feel free to visit https://anitagrant.com/ .

Be sure to check out the Miss Moon's Musings YouTube Channel for a Video Extra: My thoughts after just rinsing out the condish in my hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment