Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yummm!!! Thai Tea Iced Cream... Where have you BEEN my whole life?!?!?



I have said this before, and if this it's the first time on my blog, let me be known with no uncertainty that Thai Iced Tea = GOODNESS. In fact, this may be my "Rosebud..." one day, so good thing this blog will be around for clarification purposes!

When I saw this recipe on My Cake Wardrobe (GREAT Blog, by the way... I am a new follower!!), I almost caught the holy ghost a little. Imagine.... Thai Iced Tea... in Ice Cream format. A spoon materializes in my hand just thinking about it. LOL

Thai Tea Iced Cream

1 cup evaporated milk
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup of loose Thai tea leaves in a tea sock
5 large egg yolks

Warm the evaporated milk, heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk and tea leaves in a medium sauce pan. Cover, remove from the heat and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.

When the mixture is cooled, squeeze excess liquid from the tea sock to maximize the flavor of the tea. Rewarm the tea-infused milk.

In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm mixture into the egg yolks whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the sauce pan.

Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens.

Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.



No comments:

Post a Comment