Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Be Blessed: And Fall in Love... With Yourself!!!

“ The greatest magnifying glasses in the world are a man's own eyes when they look upon his own person.”
~ Alexander Pope

" Self-love is the foundation of our loving practice. Without it our other efforts to love fail. Giving ourselves love we provide our inner being with the opportunity to have the unconditional love we may have always longed to receive from someone else."
~ bell hooks



Many of you who know me, and those that read my blog know that I have a deep love and admiration for Cree Summer. I've considered her a HUGE shero of mine since I was very young, and as an adult... I continue to look up to her tremendously.

One thing that Chris said to me when we first started dating, when discussing my affection for Cree was that there's a part of her inside of me. At the time, I thought that it was the most preposterous thing he could've said to me (I also most likely thought he was trying to get some! LOL). But in reading Shakti Gawain's Reflections in the Light: Daily Thoughts and Affirmations  and in doing this exercise, I could really see the Cree... in me! That really brought home the truth of this, which is why I share this with you today -

When we fall in love with someone, we are also falling in love with aspects of ourselves that we see reflected in that person. We may feel that our loved one has qualities that we don't have, but those qualities exist in us too and are as yet undiscovered or undeveloped.

Today, think of each person you love and imagine him or her as a mirror reflecting your own beauty and lovability. The more you can love yourself through these reflections, the more you can truly love and appreciate others.

I am falling in love with myself

No comments:

Post a Comment