Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

:::drools::: Jessica Alba-style for Plus Size Fashionistas

I haven't posted a :::drools::: post for a while because I haven't found a celebrity outfit that inspired me in ages. Discussing my writer's block with my Darling Mum, she offered to buy me a fashion mag from our local Duane Reade in the hopes that it would give me some celebrity style ideas... and boy did it, thanks Mum!!!

Inspired again, I scoured the internet and found a terrific photo of Jessica Alba which I immediately knew I wanted to replicate for plus size fashionistas!!!



Jessica is rocking a Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2010 dress coupled with some gorgeous bangles, a killer black nail polish shade and buckled gladiator heels courtesy of Michael Kors. Let's get started on how I worked the outfit out --



Let's face it... it all starts with the dress. I fell head over heels in love with the Printed Velvet Dress Length (£40.00/$63.66, Simply Be) I wish I could've found a dress that had the fuller bottom, but I love the rose print and you can't beat how similar the dresses are... black band and all!!



I decided to make the shoe selection a bit more weather-appropriate for the girls in colder climates (Of course we can rock open toed shoes in the winter, but really... we shouldn't!) and selected the Madden Girl Sing Sing Bootie ($44.95, DSW). Jessica's shoes are all about the cross strap and silver buckles... and these Sing Sing Bootie has that!!!



For Jessica's bracelets, I went to my favorite go-to place for low cost, groovy jewelry and selected the Chic Bangle Set ($7.80, Forever 21).. a simple and economical addition to any outfit for a bit of va va va voooom!!!



And last but not least, for nail polish, you can't go wrong with Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish Black Satin ($3.99, CVS). This finishing touch will have you Red Carpet Ready in no time... just like Jessica Alba!!

2 comments: