Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm REALLY Diggin': Mixed Chicks Shampoo, Leave-In and Deep Conditioner!!

As I'm sure many naturals (or many women!) have done, I've rushed out and purchased products only to be sadly disappointed, and stuck with large bottles of shampoo and conditioner that basically end up becoming VERY EXPENSIVE brush cleaner!

I purchased the Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner last month and have been using it consistently since I blogged about it.



I've heard loads of rave reviews of the Mixed Chick product line from bloggers and YouTube naturals of every hair type (To this day, I have no idea what my hair type is! lol) and I've been curious to see if the products are worth the praise.... but I haven't been wanting to commit to the price for the full size bottles and jars. What's a cynical napstress to do?



In venturing the beauty supply store near my job, I was excited to see they sold sample sizes of Mixed Chicks products, so I snatched up four samples of the Shampoo and the Leave-In Conditioner (I already had a jar of the Deep Conditioner)on Friday, looking forward to washing and nourishing my hair before braiding my hair.

And what resulted is the BEST BRAID OUT I've had in ages!! After washing with the shampoo and
rinsing the deep conditioner (after I had it in my hair for about two hours) out my hair, I mixed the leave-in conditioner with Carol's Daughter Loc Butter. I kept the braids in until this evening and was bowled over when I let them down!



Of course my rule is to give it at least six weeks before I'm officially a fan, but so far, I am really really liking the results!!!

3 comments:

  1. love you. had a wonderful time last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep my eye out for sample sizes! I allllmost bought the shampoo and conditioner once, but the $50+ price tag just hurt my heart too much. I've tried a lot of different lines with mostly positive-ish results, but I'm still looking for the right balance of quality and economy. In the meantime, I've been doing alright with Cantu leave-in condition for a quickie style and go.

    Cheers!
    -existenceET.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly the same way, Erica! The sample size is something that most product lines should incorporate, because it's such a bummer to shell out $75-$100 on products that give lukewarm results, you know?

    I got the sample sizes at Optima Beauty Supply store on John Street in NYC. Take the A/C train to Broadway/Nassau, if you exit on John Street, its right down the block!

    ReplyDelete