Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Miss Moon's Musing About: My Top 5 Chocolate-Covered Remakes*

* Chocolate-Covered Remakes: Songs originally sung by white performers and remade by a black one.

I started thinking of my favorite Chocolate-Covered Remakes and thought I would share my Top Five list. I started the list on my FaceBook page and decided to do it here instead. Not only did some of these songs take me back to my late teens and early twenties, but it made my poor sore throat come back singing along! LOL Enjoy!



#5 Divine, "One More Try" (Originally sung by George Michael)





#4 The Braids, "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Originally sung by Queen)





#3 Destiny's Child, "Emotions" (Originally sung by The BeeGees)





#2 En Vogue, "Yesterday" (Originally sung by The Beatles)







HONORABLE MENTION Erykah Badu, "Melissa" (Originally sung by The Allman Brothers)



This would've been my hands down #1, but Erykah never released this as a single! And as far as I know, there is no soundtrack to the David Duchovny film "House of D" in which she sang it...Boooo!



#1 Brownstone, "I Can't Tell You Why" (Originally sung by The Eagles)

1 comment:

  1. Like that except for Destiny's Childs' remake of Emotion. It is my belief that there are certain songs that does not need to be remade what so ever--and Emotion is one of those songs...

    I would put in its place "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston...

    ReplyDelete