Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, September 21, 2009

Yes! Success! (Update to DIY Nappturaliciously: Deep Conditioning with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak)

In my last blog posting, (DIY Nappturaliciously: Deep Conditioning with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak) I was talking about trying to figure out a hair routine to coincide with my new work schedule. One of the benefits of being unemployed is a)You can do your hair whenever you feel like it and b)If your hair is jacked up, you can't go out anywhere anyway because YOU'RE BROKE! LOL

But such is not the case with me anymore (Well.. I'm still broke! LOL). Now I have the opportunity to go to work everyday and with that opportunity is the challenge to keep my hair presentable and healthy without spending hours everyday on it. Which to me means my steady and true, braid out.

Like I wrote on Saturday, I made the mistake to do my hair Sunday afternoon, so by Monday morning, my hair is overloaded with oil, frizzy (because it hasn't had ample time to dry) and although I love the curl, texture and poof.. my hair felt dryer and dryer and crunchier by week's end, which prompted me to do the Deep conditioning with the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak.

:::drum roll::: here are the results -


BEFORE: Doesn't look bad, but felt very stiff, lifeless and oily to the touch. It didn't feel healthy to me, and its important that my hair feels full of life AND look cute.


AFTER: This is more like it. My hair is soft, I have minimal frizz and curl definition, and more importantly, my hair has life to it, sheen and shine and I can run my fingers through it without coming back with a hand full of hair.

So far, I am really diggin' the conditioning pak. I will give it a month to see if I like it. And if there is a dramatic result.. I will post a one month update! Regardless, I will take a picture at the end of the week to show how (and if) the braid out lasted.

Peace from Brooklyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment