Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, September 17, 2009

::drools:: Hair Products I CANNOT WAIT to Try!!!

I am feeling SOOOO much like Jane and Michael from "Mary Poppins" right about now:



"Hurry Money.... much thanks.... Miss Moon and her... kinks" LMAO





I've been reading blogs as part of my training last week, so I've had a rare opportunity to read countless product reviews, and after many months of using the bare minimum (namely, swag from my old job at Carol's Daughter and the minuscule remnants of the products I last purchased) I am looking forward to sampling new products and discovering which ones work well with my hair.

So, for your drool-along enjoyment, I bring you my list of hair products I cannot wait to try --



First up is the Califa Care Sample Kit (Price $25.00) from Komaza Care. This set contains a 2oz Califa Care Shampoo, 2oz Califa Care Conditioner, 2oz Califa Care Leave-in-Conditioner, 2oz Califa Care Moistening Spray, and 2oz Califa Moisturizing Cream.

Designed for Type 4 hair (I believe I am a type 4a), This kit specializes in coil care and (according to the website) is designed to give your coils shine, softness, and minimize breakage so you can see your hair growth.

I have heard so many rave reviews about this next sampler pack, I am ASTONISHED I haven't used any of the products before.



The 4-piece Hair Care Sampler (Price $17.50)from Oyin Handmade was recommended to me by the ‘grand mixtress’ Jamyla herself, and I am really looking forward to trying it out. The 4-piece sampler contains generously sized 2 ounce containers of Honey Hemp Conditioner, Greg Juice leave-in spray, Shine & Define coaxing serum, and Whipped Pudding (which can be used as rich moisture on either hair or skin - DOPE!).



I love Qhemet Biologic's products, thanks to Mizz Empress Ri (Shout Out to you, girl!). The product that just made my hair go "Whoooooooo!" like little Richard was the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm, and I totally plan on scooping up a jar of that. But what I am really looking forward to trying is the Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist (Price $11.00). This water based moisturizing and replenishing mist instantly softens dry, coarse hair leaving it healthy, soft and supple!(I am hoping to use this daily as a more natural replacement to the Jamaican Mango & Lime No More Itch Grow Spray).

These two are from the same company, so I will give them an honorable mention together.




The Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (Price $21.95) &
Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir (Price $12.00) are both from AfroVeda, and just from spending some time browsing their website and blog, in addition to taking their Dosha quiz, I cannot wait to get my hands on these products.

I am also planning on drinking the Denman-flavored Kool-Aid big time! I plan on getting a Denman Freeflow Styling Brush 9 Row #d41 (Price $10.95).



And last but not least, I am finally going to get me a conditioning heat cap. Where I live in Bed-Stuy, I pass 3 beauty supply stores on my way to the subway, but everytime I go shopping in one, the thought of getting a heat cap completely leaves my mind, so I plan on buying this one along with my Denman brush.



The Thermal Spa Cap Professional Hair Conditioning Heat Cap By Mastex (Price $19.99) offers 3 Heat Settings, Dual Thernostatic Control, Reusable Inner cap Liner & Improved Temperature Control. Frankly I dont know from these things, so I picked the cheapest one. If there is another brand I should look into, be sure to drop me a comment and let a sister know!

I plan on getting all the items from this little "wish list" by the end of the year, and I will be sure to post reviews on all of them as I try them out to let y'all know what I think.

Next up, I will be talking about the body and facial products I am dying to sample (I'm looking at YOU Brown Butter Beauty!) LOL

Peace from Brooklyn!!

1 comment: