Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm getting Kinky Twists next week...

This summer's humidity has been straight up hell on my hair, so I've decided to give it a rest for a few months and invest in some kinky twists. I've never had the style before, so I am very much looking forward to getting them done.

I've braided my own hair for the past 10+ years, and I was considering doing them myself (armed with the numerous YouTube how-to videos), but I haven't gotten my hair done by a professional in almost a decade, and I thought it would be a great spirit boosting, self affirming, "I deserve it" kind of treat.

In my mind, I picture a Tracee Ellis Ross (Joan from Girlfriends) sort of do with kinky twists. I am not even sure this is possible. I've been scouring the web searching for pics that convey this vision, but to no avail.
























Of course, if I wasn't unemployed, I would probably opt for something more daring like these, but I figured I would keep it conservative the first time, ya know?


























After I take them out, I plan on following this regimen I scouted online via the Long Hair Don't Care website about Shikai-Co Washing, and I thought I would try that, coupled with deep conditioning to see how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment